Ellen Grace Groseth

Thursday, August 31, 2006

A New Approach to Discipline

Our sweet little Elle has a little devilish side to her. She knows when she is going to get in trouble and gives us a HUGE smile. I don't want to turn in to the mom that yells all the time. Plus, "no" clearly is not working for her. It was time to check out my resources...I found that kids under the age of two need a different kind of discipline. Basically they know they are doing something wrong and just want attention. They explained that instead of getting angry, you should give them a hug and tell them, I love you, but I do not love what you are doing. As she was turning the TV off this morning and driving her dad nuts, I tried it and it seemed to work. Let's see if it continues. I just want to raise a calm, secure and well behaved beauty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home